July 10, 2008 (Cincinnati, OH) – Jon Justice is set to perform a 30 minute Tribute to the late Sean Costello on Friday August 1, 2008 at the Cincy Blues Fest at Sawyer Point. The Tribute will take place from 7:45 – 8:15 on the Arches AlternaBlues Stage. Jon Justice will be performing all Sean Costello songs in his memory. A Fund raising effort will be held to raise money for the Sean Costello Memorial Fund for Bipolar Research. Sean was originally scheduled to perform at this year’s Cincy Blues Festival.
It was a deafening blow to musicians, family, friends, and fans everywhere to learn that young Blues / Soul sensation, Sean Costello, had passed away this past April in his Atlanta hotel, one day shy of his 29th birthday. Sean released his first album at the ripe age of 17 years old and a year later began working with Susan Tedeschi, helping craft the critically acclaimed album, “Just Won’t Burn”, which went Gold when Sean was only 21 years of age. Sean went on to record a total of 5 albums and saw more of the world in 28 years than most of us will in a lifetime. Randy Chortkoff and Robert Fitzpatrick, the CEO and President respectively of Delta Groove Music, issued the following joint statement: “Sean Costello was a genius. He was destined to go down in music history as a blues legend. His musical legacy will live on through his music forever. He will not be forgotten.”
Fund raising events TBA will take place in an effort to fund the Sean Costello Memorial Fund for Bipolar Research. Specific Goals of the Fund are as follows:
* To support research for early intervention and diagnosis
* To provide support for families
* To research the connection between bipolar disorder and social anxiety
* To lobby for health care policy change to afford help before damage is irreparable, and, in honor of Sean,
* To provide funds for musicians who suffer such emotional challenges, but who often have no health insurance and who live in a world riddled with triggers that encourage relapse.
Donations are accepted by mail as well:
The Sean Costello Memorial Fund for Bipolar Research at BB&T
3620 Tramore Pointe Parkway
Austell GA 30106