The annual festival of new music discovery is right around the corner. MidPoint fans can find the official festival guide in this week’s issue of CityBeat on newsstands today.
You can also find an online version of the festival guide here. This guide, put together by CityBeat music editor Mike Breen and his staff of music writers, covers every band showcasing at MidPoint.
The band writeups are pretty entertaining. Since some fans are unfamiliar with many of the bands performing, it’s a great opportunity to dig in for some research on what you want to direct your attention towards night by night.
Tickets for the event, September 25–27, are on sale now at MPMF.com.
Quick overview of MidPoint 2015 facts:
- MidPoint is in its 14th year focusing on musical exploration
- MidPoint is where you discover your new favorite band
- 10 stages in Over-the-Rhine and downtown Cincinnati (4 stages are all ages)
- This is the first year ever to operate on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
FREE Kickoff Happy Hour Party
- An album release concert by Dale Earnhardt JR. JR. in Washington Park, 6 p.m. Friday, presented by P&G
- Friday: Purity Ring, Heartless Bastards
- Saturday: Ride, Sylvan Esso
- Sunday: Iron & Wine, Tune-Yards
Bands by the numbers
- 120 bands scheduled
- 42 bands are local/regional
- Furthest distance bands: Australia (Big Scary) and New Zealand (Salad Boys)
MPMF.com is a great source for
- Finding venues and band samples
- Customize your personal schedule
- Find a nice Spotify playlist
- Buy advance tickets
Getting around is simple
- Venues are a breeze to walk from show to show
- Wristband (V.I.P., Weekend, or One-Day pass) gets you into ALL venues
- Single venue À la Carte pricing available at the door
- Biking is encouraged. City will have bike racks near most venues.
- Cincy Red Bike is also near many venues.
MIDPOINT INDIE CRAFT VILLAGE presented by P&G
- A new, non-ticketed area on Washington Park’s south end, deemed the MidPoint Indie Craft Village, will feature a variety of food, craft beer sellers and the exhibition and sale of handmade art and crafts from regional artists.
- Village hours:
Friday 5–10 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m.–10 p.m. (Craft makers 11 a.m.–6 p.m.)
Sunday 11 a.m.–8 p.m. (Craft makers 11 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- MidPoint Indie Craft Village will house the ticket will call and information center. People looking to turn in ticket vouchers for V.I.P., weekend, and single-day wristbands will want to come here.
- Craft beer will be available each day from vendors including MidPoint’s official beer sponsor, Christian Moerlein, along with Braxton Brewing Company, Rhinegeist, MadTree Brewing, Taft’s Ale House, West Sixth Brewing, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Oskar Blues Brewery, Kona Brewing Company, Goose Island, and Blue Point Brewery.
- Craft arts vendors will include Meagan Martin Maker, Quirky Clean, Paper Acorn, Forklift Ohio, Sarah Lalley Fine Art, dRock Press, Mixie Studio, JEM Jewelry Design, Scott McHenry Photography, Dear Pennyroyal, Hannah Hoffman Jewelry, Barbara’s Atlas Oils Inc., Terraphilium, Lucca Laser Workshop, Rock Salt Vintage, What the Rock?!, RheinoCeramics, Wu Stitch, Indie Pendant Boutique, Cannonball Handmade, Gorgeous Gore Art, Grandola Granola, Rock Salt Vintage, My Momma’s Kitchen, Lynne & Lucille, and James Billiter Studio
- Tickets that have been purchased in advance must be redeemed for festival wristbands at the MPMF box office locations in Washington Park. Wristbands will not be available at the individual venues.
MPMF BOX OFFICES
- Washington Park at 14th & Race streets. Purchase tickets or redeem advanced tickets for wristbands.
Hours: Friday 5–10 p.m.; Saturday 2–10 p.m.; Sunday 4–10 p.m.
- Washington Park at 12th & Race streets. Purchase tickets or redeem advanced tickets for wristbands. Also serves as an information center. Hours:Friday and Saturday 4–10 p.m.; Sunday 4–8 p.m.
ADVANCE TICKETS ON SALE AT MPMF.COM
Festival dates: Friday, September 25 through Sunday, September 27, 2015
Tickets: First round Weekend Pass $69; VIP Pass $149— SOLD OUT
Second round Weekend Pass $79; VIP Pass $179— SOLD OUT
Third round Weekend Pass $89; VIP Pass $179—AVAILABLE
One Day Pass $40
Washington Park Only One Day Pass $25 advance/$30 door
ALL venues will offer the option of À la Carte pricing at the door, which covers that night at that venue. Entry into any MidPoint venue is subject to legal capacity limits.
Weekend Pass holders get admission to ALL MidPoint showcases.
V.I.P. Pass holders get an enhanced experience with the ability to skip lines with priority admission, plus they receive access to catered V.I.P. reception events each evening, with complimentary food and beverages. An exclusive V.I.P. viewing area is included at the Washington Park stage.
One Day Pass holders get admission to ALL MidPoint showcases that day.
Washington Park Only One Day Pass holders get admission to just the programming in Washington that day.
MidPoint relies on the generous help of it’s sponsors and partners including: Christian Moerlein, CincyMusic.com, P&G, MusicLi, WNKU, Dewey’s Pizza, Kind Snacks, Freeosk, Eli’s BBQ, Fusian, Alpine Valley Water, and CityBeat.